- Recognize previously registered users, facilitating access to their services
- Store user preferences and personal settings.
Those users who do not want to receive cookies or want to be informed before they are stored on your computer can configure their browser for this purpose. Most browsers allow the management of cookies in 3 different ways:
- The cookies are never accepted.
- For each cookie, the browser asks the user if it should be accepted.
- Cookies are always accepted.
The browser may also include the ability to specify which cookies have to be accepted and which ones do not. In particular, the user can choose one of the following options:
- refuse third-party cookies
- accept cookies as non-persistent (removed when browser closes)
- allow the server to create cookies for a different domain.
- In addition, browsers can also allow users to view and delete cookies individually.
More information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookie